Advanced Photon Source (APS)
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 S. Cass Avenue - Building 401
Argonne, IL 60439
The Conference will be held at two different locations of the Campus of Argonne National Laboratory:
- Advanced Photon Source (APS) Auditorium, Building 401 on Monday, Aug. 13 through Wednesday, Aug. 15 and on Friday, August 17.
- High Energy Physics (HEP) Auditorium, Building 362 (only in the morning of Thursday, Aug. 16).
Please also see the Conference Program for details.
Argonne is approximately 25 miles (40 km) southwest of Chicago, Illinois. Situated on 1,500 beautiful, wooded acres and surrounded by the Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve, Argonne National Laboratory is one of the United States leading federally funded research and development centers. Argonne National Laboratory, one of the U.S. Department of Energy's oldest and largest national laboratories for science and engineering research, employs roughly 2,900 employees, including about 1,000 scientists and engineers, three-quarters of whom hold doctoral degrees. Argonne's annual operating budget of around $540 million supports upwards of 200 research projects. Since 1990, Argonne has worked with more than 600 companies and numerous federal agencies and other organizations.
Argonne's mission is to apply a unique mix of world-class science, engineering and user facilities to deliver innovative research and technologies. We create new knowledge that addresses the most important scientific and societal needs of the USA.
For more information about Argonne, visit www.anl.gov.
View Nuclear Structure 2012 (NS12) Conference in a larger map
- Maps, Directions and Lodging at Argonne including directions from airports and highways
- Map of the Argonne campus including
location of Buildings 401 and 362.
[382KB] | Last Updated: Friday, 12-Aug-2016 13:40:35 CDT
- Visit Argonne - For more information about shuttle buses (between Argonne National Laboratory and The University of Chicago), accommodations, foreign visits and assignments, safety on site.
CURRENCY: The hotels and banks near Argonne do not exchange currency. Plan on using major credit cards, U.S. traveler's checks, or exchange currency in advance at the airport. See also: The Universal Currency Converter™
For a listing of off-site local restaurants, see Local Restaurants at the APS web site.
Should you have any questions about the NS12 Conference, please direct inquiries to the organizers.
Last Modified: Fri, July 6, 2012 6:12 PM